If you have decided to use the rent a car service, you have probably asked yourself how it is possible to save fuel consumption during the car rental period. Undoubtedly, this is possible, and in the given article you will find recommendations that will certainly be useful to any leader!
1. If you have planned to rent a car for a longer period, you will obviously cover a higher mileage, and a hybrid or diesel car, being the most demanded these days, will be a reasonable choice. Here are some car models that fall into the given category:
- Rent Nissan Qashqai 2015 - a car with a diesel engine and automatic transmission, being one of the most reliable and economical cars. At the same time, it has a well-equipped and modern interior. It is perfect to drive both for the city and longer journeys.
- Lease the Volkswagen Passat - it is an attractive, elegant and comfortable model. It enjoys high reliability, thanks to the diesel engine it will allow you to save, and good sound insulation will increase your driving pleasure.
- Rent Renault Kadjar - is an SUV with a diesel engine, being practical, easy to drive, with a pleasant appearance both inside and outside. The car stands out for its progress in interior design and ergonomics.
- Ford Fusion - one of the cars that from the point of view of the price-quality ratio is perfect. Being a Class D car, it is spacious enough and has a quality interior. Thanks to its hybrid system, it is indeed very economical.
- Toyota Prius 30 - is a third generation model with a hybrid engine, even better than the previous ones. Improvements were made both externally - to the propulsion unit, and to the technical equipment of the car's interior.
- Toyota Auris Hybrid - is primarily a model that shows reliability and resistance. The car is economical, has a hybrid engine, and the automatic transmission simplifies your daily trips behind the wheel.
- Lexus ES300h - is a car that speaks of elegance and comfort. From an aesthetic point of view, it is a very successful model, and its hybrid system delights you with its high economy. A Japanese premium class car that certainly has no competition on the market.
2. Be careful and avoid braking maneuvers as much as possible when they are not necessary, because every use of the brakes means a loss of fuel energy burned while driving the car.
3. Another important factor in fuel consumption is acceleration. If there is no need to accelerate immediately, do not press the accelerator pedal to the maximum, because in most cases, it is enough to keep it pressed lightly. It would be advisable to observe the operation of the automatic gearbox and try to feel the engine.
4. Find a balance between using the air conditioning system and driving with the windows open, because the air conditioning system also requires electricity from the engine and therefore consumes your fuel. Use the air conditioning system only when absolutely necessary.
5. It is not advisable to overfill the fuel tank, because in this case the excess fuel does not enter your combustion process to propel the car.
In conclusion, we can say that the car's fuel consumption is directly related to the driver's choice and driving style. At the moment, there are no devices that will save fuel, but there are recommendations above that will certainly allow you to significantly reduce costs!